Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New buttons

I've added a couple new buttons to my right sidebar - one for "A Lovely Year of Finishes" and one for "2013 - The Year of the Finished Project".  I will choose a goal for each challenge each month, and hoping to have at least two finished quilts per month.  I'm hoping this will spur me on in my goal to shrink that "Flimsies" list on my left sidebar.  If I'm going to be adding a one or two little quilt tops to it every month, I need to eliminate at least that many per month.

For "A Lovely Year of Finishes" - hosted by Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts I'm going to quilt and bind the "Hat Trick" Schnibbles quilt top I pieced in April.  I finished basting it today, so I'm all ready to start the hand quilting at quilt group tonight. (I'm posting a picture again her because I think I'm supposed to for my entry.)



For "2013 - The Year of the Finished Project", I will quilt and bind a top finished prior to 2013.  I've chosen "Bunny Hop".

Never Too Hot to Stitch!

The top was completed in 2009, and has been hanging in the closet (with the other 40+ quilt tops) waiting to be finished ever since.  I'm going to hand quilt this one using "big stitch" and Cebelia thread.  It would be nice to finish this so it could hang at least a week or two this spring before being put away until next year.


Both of these are quite doable, so there is no reason for me not to finish.  I say that, but looking at the May list on my left sidebar is a little scary right now.  I'd better get to work!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Hey Patti, welcome to 2013: The Year of the Finished Project. The Linky is up now on my blog if you wNt to add you name and blog to it!

Thanks, too, for your encouraging words on my post about responding to comments!

antique quilter said...

good for you focusing on finishing ufo
s I am still working on bindings :)
will it ever end
and I am almost finished with my longest ufo! now that will be a major accomplishment in my life! Not sure I want the project to end though!
Kathie

Melissa said...

Hi Patti! Welcome to the Lovely Year of Finishes! We are so glad you are joining us! Good luck with your Hat Trick!

Crispy said...

I hope you can make a big dent in all those quilts you have hidden away in the closet. I'll be cheering you on :0)

Crispy

sewkalico said...

Sounds like joining these things is a good way of keeping on track with ones ufos! Good luck!

Kate said...

Sounds like a reasonable goal for May and a good way to make way for new projects later this year.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

You can do it! I look forward to watching your progress! :)