Thursday, May 2, 2013

I love to hand quilt

It is so meditative and relaxing.  And time passes so quickly.  I started quilting "Hat Trick"at "Tangled Threads" last night.  I didn't want to stop when I got home so I settled into my sewing room chair, watched a couple of recorded TV shows, and quilted.  Got to bed WAY later than I should have.


Since I decided on a straight line grid for most of this, it would have been easy to finish with my Pfaff and its walking foot.  But I love the way hand quilting looks, and I love doing it.  I nearly finished this hoopful; at this rate I should have no trouble finishing this month.

It is hard to get a good picture of quilting, but this shows the stitches fairly well.

8 comments:

Crispy said...

Nothin better than hand quilting. My favorite part of quilting.

Crispy

regan said...

It looks beautiful!

cityquilter grace said...

yep, hand quilting is the reason i started quilting in the first place...i love it...and your scrappy shoo fly blocks too!

Maureen said...

It looks great! You will have it completed in nothing flat. I am looking for handwork to take with me for a few days sitting and waiting while DH has surgery. I think a trip to the not-so-local quilt shop is due.

Deb said...

Me three, I love hand quilting as well it is just too enjoyable after all the work putting the quilt together you might as well enjoy it too. The hand quilting look is phenominal!

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness Patti, you and I truly do love the same things! Hand quilting is just so relaxing, I love it!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Kelly Grace said...

I've just learned to hand quilt and I'm only doing straight line in blocks. Where did you find the 1/4" tape? That would be SO much easier than marking lines!

sewkalico said...

I used to love hand quilting, but I just don't find the time. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. I know about the late nights (wish I didn't! )