Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Finishes Party

This is the first finish I've posted for "A Lovely Year of Finishes", as I started participating just this month.
My goal was simple - to finish hand quilting one quilt - as I had no idea how daring I should be with my goals.  I'm happy to report the quilt was finished by the end of the second week of the month, so I think I can be more daring for June.


This is my April Schnibbles project - Hat Trick - hand quilted and bound.  It went from fabric to top to hand quilted to bound in a month - give or take a few days.  I think that is the fastest I've ever finished a quilt (other than minis).  Though you can't see it in the picture, the quilting made the whole thing come alive.  It always amazes me how that happens.  The light play across a quilted surface gives dimension and life to a flat quilt top. 

Thank you Shanna and Melissa for providing the motivation.  I loved not having to add still another unquilted top to the collection in the upstairs closet!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful nine-patch, and I love the borders. Good for you, getting it done! Goals are good. Your list looks familiar... ha ha!

Raewyn said...

The schnibbles quilt is lovely Patti - a lovely, simple design with gorgeous colours. Well done on the finish - I look forward to seeing the quilted version!