Monday, May 27, 2013

Design wall Monday

I've decided to participate in Judy's "Design Wall Mondays" for further motivation.  (My apologies to regular readers who have already seen these.)  Right now my design wall is very crowded with two different projects.

Across the top you can see the first row of my Civil War Diary quilt.  I have finished almost 40% of the blocks, but as I skipped all around the quilt this is the only complete row I've finished.  I've not been able to work on this for several months, and I'm most eager to get back to it.  Hopefully that will happen in June.


The rest of the blocks are scrappy shoo fly blocks I'm making for Kim's Scrap Basket Sunday.  I need to make 264 of these blocks for two new camping quilts to fit the king size beds in our new pop-up tent trailer.  These are all fabrics I culled from the shelves when I did a massive fabric reorganization a couple months ago.  I'm working diligently to empty the basket, but instead the scraps seem to be multiplying while I sleep LOL!


I hope you've enjoyed visiting my design wall!

6 comments:

Quilting Nonnie said...

The Churn Dash quilt is grand! Churn Dash is one of my favorite blocks. Cool job on the scrappiness.

Raewyn said...

Wow your churn dashes are looking great! LOL my scraps seem to breed when I'm not looking either! A bit like that children's "song that never ends......"!!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

love the shoo fly blocks! scrappy quilts are so fun!

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Your must have a ladder hidden somewhere--LOL!! Great blocks!!

Deb said...

awesome blocks I love when i have stuff on my design wall it gives so much incentive

Teresa said...

I really like the shoo fly blocks. My goodness, two king size? You have much ambition