Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I found another one

I knew I had more UFO's than those listed in the sidebar.  Here is another one I found this evening.


This is "Holiday Inn" from Jo Morton's "Little Women" series #8, started in 2008.  All that is missing is a flying geese border and a final outside border.  All the fabric for the flying geese border was folded with this piece . . . 

(The fabric on the far left is also green - not sure why it looks so dark.)

but the fabric for the outside border and cornerstones was not.  I thought I remembered what it looked like, but I guess not since I can't find it.  I searched my entire Jo Morton stash and came up with these two fabrics . . .

The stripe will be the border and the green the cornerstones.  This should be a quick one to finish, so I'll probably do it next.

Here is what I'm going to use for the doll clothes.  These are two pieces left over from Miss Emily's quilt.  The polka dot for her dress, and the plaid for her apron.  These colors fit our current decorating scheme, which isn't harvest gold, avocado green and rust (thank goodness!)



3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Meanwhile, if you have fabric that fits this theme:

"These colors fit our current decorating scheme, which isn't harvest gold, avocado green and rust (thank goodness!)"

you can send it my way!

Julierose said...

Wow! What a lovely quilt. Can't wait to see it all finished...Julierose

Gayle said...

That's already awesome, and when you add another border it'll be amazing!