Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A quick note about comment verification

A few people asked why I had comment verification on my blog, which made it difficult  for them to comment using their phone or tablet.  So I took it off.  Since then I've had a bunch of spam comments, only some of which have been caught by the spam filter on Blogger.  I know I could set comments to be approved, but I'd rather sew than sit at the computer approving comments.  So I'm putting the comment verification back on.

I apologize to those of you who find it hard to comment because of this - I wish there was another solution that worked for me.  I hope you will still be able to post comments you want to make.

Update!

Gayle suggested that I not allow anonymous comments instead of reinstating word verification.  Thanks Gayle - I'll give that a try!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Patti - You might try changing the settings so you don't allow anonymous comments - that seems to have helped me quite a bit.