Friday, February 22, 2013

Holiday Inn top is finished

The quilt measures 43" square.  Designed by Jo Morton, it was part of "Jo's Little Women #8".  It feels so good to cross another project off my list and move it to the "tops to be quilted" list.


Now I need to do a bunch of cleaning and organizing before starting to sew again.  I'm moving on to Civil War Diaries, so I need to print the foundations for all the blocks I've not yet done.  Normally I would never do paper piecing, but the measurements on these blocks are all so wonky (4" divided into 5 or 7 or more equal sections) that foundation piecing is the best way to go.

I also have five quilts ready to bind that returned home from the longarmer over two years ago.  I'm going to work on those also.

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh bindings, good luck! I need to get back on the binding wagon I sort veered off the past few days appliquing away!
do you still have your Long arm machine?
Kathie

antique quilter said...

which civil war diary book are you using to make the quilt in the book?
K

Carol said...

What a great finish Patti! BEAUTIFUL!

Gayle said...

I love medallion quilts and your is absolutely spectacular - the colors and fabrics are perfect - congrats on a great finish and I hope it gets quilted soon too!

sewkalico said...

You are amazing. I better stop reading your blog and go and sew something lol