Saturday, February 9, 2013

Emily's Quilt Top

This is what started my quilting rebirth.  I love how this turned out!  Now I just have to get it quilted and bound.

This quilt was designed by Lynda Mulligann and Nancy Smith of Possibilities.  It is the cover quilt of the book PS I Love You Three, published in 2002.  This is the last baby quilt for a grandchild that I'll be making - there won't be any more.


Speaking of grandchildren, would you believe that both Sophie and Joseph are in kindergarten this year?  They both really love school.  Sophie is already reading at the second grade level - what a difference it makes when parents take time to read with their kids!  Joseph is reading also, but especially loves music.   He sings right out - there isn't a shy bone in his body.  And he is the "Lego King" of his generation - he is already building complicated things by following directions on his own (a space shuttle, many Star Wars items, buildings and more.)

Here is our latest "family portrait" taken when we all went camping together last July.  From left to right: Rebecca, Rick, Joseph (in front), Fred holding Emily, me with Sophie in front, Jeremy holding Chewbacca, and Chelsea with Lily in front.


Emily will be three this July - about time she got her baby quilt!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Welcome back, Patti! Emily's quiit is wonderful! Hope you will be healed soon and able to do all of your crafts again.

Gail said...

What a wonderful quilt! And thank you for posting the family photo. What a great-looking group!

mereth said...

I'm glad to see you're back. I kept you on my bloglist just in case you started posting again and you have! I always found you very inspiring, with all you do, so tell us all about your spinning, knitting, patchwork, whatever.....

Linda C said...

Lovely family picture, Patti and hooray for Emily getting her quilt. Whatever got you started back quilting, good!