This one is appropriately called "Anxieties". At times I felt quite anxious while piecing this. The narrow stripes are only 1/4"! I can't imagine trying to do this any way other than foundation piecing. Even that was a long, tedious affair. But I love the block - it is a very cool block! My corner triangles were a bit skimpy, but there is still plenty of seam allowance for sewing the blocks together.
I was disappointed when finished, however, to discover that the foundation did not match the block in the original quilt. One of the things I love about the blocks in this quilt is the way they continually surprise. Part will be turned a different way than one expects. This block is regular - everything turned just so. But look at the block in the book - it is not regular at all. If I'd noticed this before sewing on the red triangles I could have adjusted things, but I trusted that the foundation was correct. I wish my block looked like the one in the book. But not enough that I'm going to do it over again.
I've started thinking about what I might use for the sashing in this quilt. The original used a plain off-white for all the light in the blocks as well as sashing. I've used shirtings throughout - I really love the look of shirtings. I don't have enough of any one shirting fabric to use for sashing. Looks like I'll need a trip to the quilt shop with my blocks to find a shirting that makes the blocks sing.