Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy dancing . . . .

I have an ironing station and design wall again!  Oh happy dancing (cue the pipers and fiddlers).  And I have a clear cutting table again!  There are lots of "pocket areas" that still need attention, but for the most part I'm done.  Hooray!


I need to bring in the stool so I can reach the top of my design wall - I want to arrange the blocks in the order they go in the quilt.  That way I can assure myself that my fabric colors and patterns are spread evenly throughout the quilt. 

I'm still contemplating the sashing - I've found a few pieces in the stash that might work (not sure I have enough yardage), plus seven  yards arrived in the mail that I want to "test" because I think the fabric is perfect.  It was on sale at $7.50 per yard, and will be used to set together another quilt, if not this one, so I allowed myself to buy it.  Major yardage of a single fabric is something I rarely have in my stash.

5 comments:

Vicki B said...

Good going. Our fabric sells for $18-22/m in Canada and I'm off to Fabricland for a 30% off sale which still means $$$ to quilt. I see so many lovely sales in USA but delivery is so pricey it's not worth it. Anyhow, I am going to buy some 1/2 price flannel for quilt backings, and to drool on some fabric:) Good luck with your contest. Will check your blog when I get back.

Deb said...

Love your design wall and great ironing space, the blocks look amazing, are you kicking yourself for not finishing these prize quilts sooner?

Quilts And Pieces said...

I need to get back to my quilt like this!

Lily Boot said...

ahhhhhh .... the civil war blocks! I haven't worked with reproductions for sooooooo long. Since moving to Melbourne (heading towards 4 years now) I still haven't found a local quilt store that has a good selection - the one I used to work at in Brisbane had a fantastic selection! Might just have to hop on line ;-) Enjoy your sashing fabric.

Rosemary Youngs said...

Your blocks are amazing, I love your design wall. I can't wait to see your finished quilt