Now I'm finishing backings for both this top and the top I finished last Monday, as well as for the one top hanging in my closet that has no backing. So I should have a good stash report on Sunday - hooray!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Tuesday night I ripped out the incorrect stitching, but I didn't have a chance to work on the top until today. I did put all the blocks, sashing, and cornerstones on the design wall to make sure I stitched it correctly this time. It isn't exactly the same as the Evelyn Sloppy quilt, but that's OK - this is how I envisioned it when I first got the idea from the picture of her quilt. I've never made sashing and cornerstones like this before, and I really like how it looks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I used this setting again sometime. This top took 24 blocks - exactly how many I had. How's that for luck - since I certainly didn't plan for it to happen! The borders are wider than I would usually make, but I had to make them that wide in order for the quilt to be the required size for Hotel Hope quilts.