Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A fun surprise

We are regulars at Applebee's, eating there at least once a week. Because we come in so often we are assured of great service and usually special attention. Last night, however was a little more than expected. When Brian the bartender brought me my Long Island it had this really cute Quilt Shop ornament hanging from the straw. I just looked at him and said, "OK Brian, don't tell me you've been out looking for Christmas ornaments!" He gave me a "you've got to be kidding" look and then glanced at Susan, who was sitting on the stool next to Fred. Susan used to be a waitress there before she graduated and started teaching first grade. She and her husband are also regulars on the same night as we come in. She'd seen this at Joann's and said she just had to get it for me. What a very fun surprise!

Now - if only I can find the time to start decorating the tree!

8 comments:

Sweet P said...

What a gorgeous ornament and what a wonderful friend.

antique quilter said...

how special is that????

so cute and very thoughtful of her

hope you enjoyed your dinner too!
Kathie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how cute and what a fun surprise!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Mmm, Applebees and Long Island Ice Teas both sound good - how wonderful to have a quilt shop ornament surprise as well! Both of your quilts in the last two pictures look wonderful. I think I am going to try to make 4 and/or 16 patches as well with my scraps as a long term project.

swooze said...

How thoughtful. It is nice to know others are thinking of you and these little treasures are proof they are!

MARCIE said...

Oh my gosh, I bet you about died! You have quite a reputation around town! Very cute thing to do!

Chocolate Cat said...

what a lovely thing for her to do and what a cute ornament!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, how nice is that, and what fun that it was completely unexpected.