Sunday, January 25, 2009

A weekend to sew!


I didn't spend the entire weekend sewing - I did take time for a trip to Starbucks with Rebecca and Joseph on Saturday and walked in the snow (!) to Starbucks this morning to have coffee with Kim. Most of the rest of the weekend was sewing, however - and it was wonderful!

Saturday I finally finished four pillowcases I've been meaning to do for some time. I bought the fabric last spring, intending these to be a birthday present for our SIL in September. When I started watching Joseph several days a week I wasn't able to finish them as planned, so Rick received wrapped fabric as part of his gift. Now, five months later, he has finished pillowcases. Bad Patti! Not any way for a MIL to behave toward a loved SIL! Rick is nutty about dalmatians, and I figured this fabric was as close as I'd ever find. The yellow case is for Rebecca, who loves cute animals of any kind. Too bad I wasn't paying attention and thus the animals are standing on their head! Thank goodness she doesn't care. The nicest think is that this gives me another finish to list for January!

2 comments:

Barb said...

They turned out real nice. You are getting alot done. No suggestions for the above wall hanging...sorry

Sew Create It - Jane said...

They look great...the dalmatian one is fab...my DD would go crazy over those so I'm sure Rick will love them.