Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Look for my blog

Update: I've adjusted the width of the three columns using these instructions provided by Three Column Blogger. This change was even easier to do that the first change. I also learned how to change the width of each column to whatever I want it to be. No more problem with "picture widgets" that are too wide for the sidebar!

I'm almost done with my new 2009 look. I love having three columns to my blog - makes it so much easier to arrange things on two sidebars instead of one. I did this with the assistance of Three Column Blogger - it was easy and fast to do. I have no idea why I waited 4 months to do this! If you'd like to do this to your Blogger/Blogspot blog I recommend you take a look at Three Column Blogger. Just click the name of your Blogger template on the sidebar and you will be taken to the page with directions for your particular style of blog.

Now I need to follow the directions for adding margins so everything isn't so squished together on my blog! Hopefully I can do that tomorrow. I'm not connected to a printer right now, and I find it easier to have both the printed directions in front of me as well as the screen directions (where I can copy a specific code if need be and not have to retype it!)

Thank you Three Column Blogger, whoever you are!

10 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Have a good time sprucing up your blog - it is fun to change it up.

Ulbins said...

I'm feeling claustrophobic. Kidding. I like the new look.

Susan (applebees)

PiecefulChaos said...

I like the new look! Thanks for the link I am going to check it out!

Maggie A said...

Thanks for the link. I like three column bolgs and always wonder how it is done.

Carol said...

Looks great Patti! Thanks for the link.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks good...Fun to change things around :o)

Mama Spark said...

Thanks for the directions. I did it on my blog, very easy! You don't need to print though just open another window and toggle between the two windows, or better yet lower one window and just scroll on one while you work on the other one.
Now can you tell me how to cross out a word in your sidebar? LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tips - I'm not comfortable with the formatting of the layout - just the actually talking (typing) part - so your information was very helpful! Thanks for sharing!

Beth

Julie said...

Thanks! I love it. I will try it myself. Thanks to you, everyone will have three column blogs now!!

Sara said...

Thanks for the direction to instructions. It took me a few days to get the time and the courage, but now I've gone to three columns also.

And I found out I could change my font and colors, just by looking at the tags!

Thanks again for sharing what you learn.