Friday, August 2, 2013

Progress

I've been cutting lots and lots of triangles and squares for more Shoo-fly blocks.  I currently have 99 blocks finished and need to make only 33 more.  I've decided one shoo-fly quilt for the camper is enough.  I'm getting tired of making the blocks!  I'm going to make a split 9-patch for the other camper quilt.


I didn't realize until yesterday that my stack of scraps was sorted by light and dark.  I have no idea how that happened - it was definitely an accident.  That must have been how they came off my shelves.  So even though the cutting table is almost full I can't make blocks yet as almost everything I've cut falls into the "light".  So I'm going to fit these as closely together as I can so I can cut some darks next.  I'll flip the remaining pressed pile of scraps upside down, so the dark fabrics are on top.


I picked "Split 9-patch" for the other quilt as it uses the same two shapes.  I can also use all the extra 2 1/2" squares and triangles from the stash boxes.  I've made a this pattern once before and really enjoyed it.  The blocks can be arranged in many different ways similar to log cabin blocks.  They will be a LOT of fun to play with!

1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

I definitely need to take a class from you on organization. Especially when I work on a project.