Sunday, August 18, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday and Design Wall Monday

I was able to make 31 split 9-patch blocks from the leader-ender triangles I've sewed in the last few days.  This quilt will be 10 x 10 blocks so I'm almost a third of the way done.  This is enough blocks that I was able to play with a couple possible arrangements. 



Two such different quilt tops from the same batch of scraps.  When I have 100 blocks I'll have dozens of possible arrangements.  Playing with fabric scraps is such a delightful occupation!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh. love that star!

cityquilter grace said...

gorgeous....i too favor the star setting

Kim said...

I like the star best too, but who knows how many possibilities you'll come up with! Nice!

Julierose said...

Love your colorways on this one--nice arrangement fun, too! Julierose

Unknown said...

Beautiful vibrant colors! Keep playing!!

Ramona said...

These blocks just POP! And I really like the star, too.

Sue Daurio said...

Great blocks, what fun to play with. I really love the star layout, so pretty!

Rhonda said...

Oh boy, what a great way to play. I love both designs. It's going to be very hard to choose. Have fun!!

Raewyn said...

What a fun bit of playing, I think I may need to pull out my scraps again! This sounds like the perfect LE project :-)

Quilting Tangent said...

Love the star, and how the light and dark fabrics play off each other.

sewkalico said...

These blocks look great. I love the star setting personally.