I don't have much to show yet, but I wanted to show that I've started making good progress again. I've stitched the triangle squares for the rest of the Shoofly quilt, and started the triangle squares for the split nine-patch blocks. Right now I'm sewing the last of the Shoofly blocks together - nothing has been pressed yet (obviously!) I plan to finish those today and start sewing the blocks together. As this is a camping quilt, I'm not worrying too much about block placement - there is no room on my design wall for the blocks! I will lay them out a few at a time on the floor and make it in sections, just to make sure no color is concentrated in one spot on the quilt. I think this one will be my husband's.
I'll post again tonight to show the progress I make today.
I've made a split nine-patch only once before, so I'm looking forward to having those blocks to play with. Here is the one I made for Quilt Pink several years ago. I had to add the hearts as I snipped clear through the quilt when taking out some bad machine quilting!
Now that I'm looking at this picture, the block doesn't look like a true split nine patch to me. I thought that was the name of the pattern the guild gave us. These blocks will be different, with three triangle squares going diagonally through the center of each block.