Thursday, August 29, 2013

Unexpectedly early

I anticipated my next post would be Saturday, August 31, because we planned a 5-day camping trip to Mt. Rainier.  We expected to see something like this, as we have had a beautiful summer this year.


Well, we've not been very lucky with weather on our camping trips, and this was no exception.  We did not see the mountain.  We didn't even drive up to Paradise, which is where this picture was taken.  We didn't eat a single meal outside.  We didn't go for a hike.  We had only one fire, and that one was enjoyed for only a short while.

I'm sure you can guess by now - we saw rain, rain and more rain.  We checked the weather forecast before we left, which called for partial clouds and some showers.  They certainly failed on that forecast!

We left two days early and got home about 5:30 that night.  We were both exhausted, as the rain was so loud on our camper roof that we didn't get much sleep.  I didn't even unpack the cooler until this morning, as their was plenty of ice left to keep everything cold.  I slept 10 hours last night! 

We have one more trip planned - a stay on the ocean in September.  I'm really hoping we will finally have sunshine.

I'm going to do the drawing for patterns later today.  So if you know anyone who hasn't entered yet please let them know.

2 comments:

antique quilter said...

hope your trip in Sept is wonderful to make up for the rainy trips!
no controlling mother nature is there?
Kathie

sewkalico said...

My goodness me, but you have been seriosuly unlucky with your vacation weather!!!!
Last year we had awful weather almost the whole year, but everytime we had visitors we'd have sun. No-one believed us when we said it was ususally cold and wet! Luckily this year has been better, but not enough to tempt me to go camping :)