I didn't want to take the civil war diary blocks off my design wall - it involves standing on my ironing table or the top step of the stool, and I don't like heights. I figured for this shot the floor works OK.
Here is the current "shot" of the shoo fly blocks. This is all the blocks I've made, minus the 10 "negative blocks" that don't have "positive blocks" to partner with. I definitely need to keep better track the next time I'm cutting for these quilts.
last one, you'll notice that the addition of reds and a few yellows really perk up this quilt. Hopefully there are more yellows in the scrap basket - if not I'll need to supplement from the shelves. I know there are many greens in the basket, which is what this quilt needs the most right now. I'll focus on those in the next cutting session. I have no idea if there are any purple or orange scraps in the basket - if not I'll pull from the shelves for those also. Pinks likewise.
I'm loving how this is coming together! Now I'm thinking of a pieced border from half square triangles to use up all those I've added to that box. I'll play with that when the time comes.