Secondly, it involves fairly large half-square and quarter-square triangles. I know my triangle math - add 7/8" for half square triangles and 1 1/4" for quarter square triangles when figuring the cutting sizes. I figured adding an extra quarter-inch more on each leg was enough. Wrong! I needed to add at least 1/2" in order for the triangles to be big enough in all directions. Especially on quarter-square triangles. So all but the smallest triangles were barely big enough, and had to be placed perfectly to give adequate seam allowance on all edges. Needless to say, placing them perfectly was almost impossible. I did so much ripping that my poor paper foundations were falling apart. I didn't want to waste fabric by cutting bigger pieces, so instead I wasted several hours. I did recut several pieces towards the end - I just wanted it to be over.
And now that it is over, I did some investigating in Electric Quilt. Low and behold - it is possible to make a mirror image when printing foundation papers. It would have helped so much on a few of the blocks I've already finished. At least I know it now for all the rest of them!
I figured I could finish this second row easily today, but now I'm not sure. I really want to, so I can move on to another of this month's goals.