Saturday, June 8, 2013

Scrap basket Sunday, a little bit early

Remember this basket?  This is what my scraps looked like when I started participating in Scrap Basket Sunday.


After making 99 blocks - 44 positive and 55 negative  . . .

the basket looked like this . . .


Doesn't look like I used any of it!  And this was just a week ago.  Now the basket looks like this . . .


I wish I could say that quilting fairies made the rest of my scraps into blocks while we slept.  If only that were true!  Instead, the contents of the basket met this . . .


And now they look like this . . .


Doesn't look like that much when it is pressed and laying flat, does it.  Over the years I've learned how deceptive a stack like this can look.  It will take many hours to cut this fabric into the squares and triangles required to make the necessary 165 more shoo fly blocks.  That will take several Sundays - probably into the middle of July!

3 comments:

Busy Little Quilter said...

Ironing is the time consuming part about making quilts from scraps.

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Kim said...

That's a big job accomplished! Nice!

Patty said...

LOVE this post! And your blocks!!