I'm either very late with last week's stash report or very early with the report due next Sunday. I supposed I could wait until next Sunday, but I'm guessing by then I might forget again to make my report.
I really didn't do very well with my stash busting efforts this past week and a half. I did use a lot of fabric - I cut up all the flannels in my stash into squares for making backs for crumb chaos camping quilts. I had a lot of flannel - I have no idea how much other than to report that the stack of larger pieces was about 12" tall and the stack of fat quarters wasabout 10" tall. I used my larger square rulers and cut 20 1/2", 18 1/2" and 16 1/2" squares. I cut the smaller pieces into rectangles - 2 1/2" x 20 1/2", 4 1/2" x 20 1/2", etc. - which I sewed onto the smaller square to bring them all up to the 20 1/2" square measurement. I didn't realize just how much flannel I had until I finished piecing the back for Rick and Rebecca's camping quilt. That back hardly made a dent in the stash. I should have enough more to back several of the other crumb chaos quilts. I'm glad to use up that flannel - I bought it many years ago and never used it for the original purpose.
It's a good thing I busted that flannel for quilt backs as I also brought a considerable amount of fabric into the house. I'm such a sucker for the new reproduction collections - especially those designed by Judie Rothermel. Her Merrimack collection of fat quarters arrived at my house at the beginning of the week - love these fabrics! Then half yards of her new 19th Century Backgrounds arrived yesterday. That makes 7 yards of background prints and 7 3/4 yards of the Merrimack collection for a total of almost 15 yards.
I'm going to guess that I busted more than 15 yards of flannel - surely it was at least that much! - so that makes for a new loss. Not much of a loss however!