Last year Cher and I met several times here at my house to tackle our scraps and bring them under control. I had two huge boxes of scraps at that time. After several cutting sessions I was down to only one box - a huge milestone for me! Since this resulted in various strip and square bins overflowing I called a halt to the scrap trimming until I used up enough of them to make room for more.
Yesterday Cher and I once again spent time together. Cher was sorting donated fabric for wrap them in love and I tackled my second scrap bin. I'd removed about 25% of the scraps on Friday night and pressed them all so they'd be ready for trimming. Of course that way way to many to finish in one afternoon session, so I continued to cut last night and today. I finished the trimming a short time ago and got all the strips, squares and triangles put away into their appropriate drawers and bins. What a great feeling! I figure I'm now 25% of the way toward achieving goal number two. Note my string box is now back to overflowing thanks to this trimming. A good thing because the color selection was getting limited and it needed a goodly dose of strips of other colors. There were also a significant number of crumbs added to the crumb drawer - argh! I don't think I'll ever get through all of those.
Time now to get back to working on UFO's. I hope to have at least two more finished projects to show you in the next few days.
1. Weight Watchers English Toffee ice cream bars
2. A coffee date this morning with both Rebecca and Rick
3. A new longarm DVD that I am loving and learning from
4. The last tiny orange from the holiday season
5. Playing ball with Shadow