Monday, January 14, 2008

Are you getting tired of hearing about UFO's?

I know I'm getting just a wee bit tired working on them LOL! But I accepted a challenge from May Britt and I don't want to back away from it. I really don't have a competitive bone in my body but decided I had to participate because of the number of my UFO's. You've seen both these pictures before but that's OK - it's been awhile - and I need to follow the instructions of our fearless leader.

The first is Crumb Chaos #2, recently renamed "Leftovers". This is the second quilt for our camper. Just as "Spare Parts" it was made from orphan blocks, triangle squares, flying geese, checkerboards, etc. It was funny how these two quilts used up every orphan I had without me needing to make anything else. I'd saved the orphans for years and years, never realizing there were two such fun quilts lurking in their midst. I loaded this one on Gandalf and quilted it yesterday. Today I made binding and machine stitched it on. It's all ready for it's label and it's hand stitching.The second is Joseph's quilt. Rick and Rebecca requested a quilt with animals on it. I finished the top sometime last summer. As Joseph's arrival was delayed again and again so was the need to finish this quilt. Now that we are expecting him by the end of February it's time to get it finished. I'm loading it onto Gandalf today and hope to have it quilted by the end of the week.

No more organizing for me today. I took a break and treated myself to a manicure and pedicure. Nothing else makes me feel so special, pampered and relaxed - unless it's a massage. I think I'll treat myself to that next week LOL!

15 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I never tire of hearing about or seeing your UFO's! You inspire us to get those projects out and finish them us as we begin 2008! Lead on!

Anonymous said...

Patti
How did you ever have the time to go to work. You are certainly putting your retirement to good use. So productive!
Robin in Kelso, WA

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm not tired of your UFOs, they are just beautiful. Now did you use all your orphan blocks ?

antique quilter said...

Josephs quilt looks so cute
glad your getting it done. hope he is here before valentines day...
Kathie

iBestPublisher.com said...

Hi Patti,

How are you?

I have looked at some of the quilts that you made. They look beautiful, aren't they? I like the one with images of a dog, cat, duck...

On my website, I am promoting an eBook about quilting. With your 25 years of experience, what would be your comments about this book?

You can visit my website at http://ibestpublisher.com. You can also play some of the classical songs such as Romance, The piano on the wave, ave maria etc. Simply select a song and it will play. Hope you will enjoy this music during your retirement days.

Regards,
Toan
From Sydney, Australia

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Love the quilts! I just read your post about crumb chaos blocks and I think I need to give them a try! I'm glad that you are getting some of your UFO's finished and I can't wait to see more!

Carol said...

Wonderful finishes...Joseph's quilt is just great...sounds like retired life is really agreeing with you! I knew it would.

Melanie said...

I love that baby quilt... I'm saving a snapshot of it for my self.

Libby said...

It just makes me smile to think of little Joseph wrapped in his new quilt - it's just darling *s*

Laura said...

I love your UFO quilts. And congrats on the retirement, I can't even imagine the fun you are going to have now!

Finn said...

Hi Patti, what fun to see those two great quilt tops(or finished quilts as the case may be). I really think we all like seeing them again but lack time to re-visit them in the archives.
Great job on sailing into retirement in style!!! Enjoy girl,you earned it!!
OK if I snitch the "Leftovers" and re-show it and it's partner on the Orphan Train?? Hollar, one way or the other, ok? Big hugs, and all my best wishes for many happy years of doing what you love best, Finn

May Britt said...

Already finished four WISPs....great!!
The stitchery you bought is so cute. Look like you had a wonderful time together. It's always fun to meet another blogger. Like me meeting Nadine in just a couple of weeks:)

Judy said...

I baby's quilt is so special..just as cute as he is. The scrap/orphan quilt will be the perfect thing for snuggling up with on the cold camping nights! Who knew left overs could turn out so well!

Purple Pam said...

Your crumbs quilts are so colorful. They are really fun to look at. I bet they are fun to snuggle under as well.

I envy you in your retirement. I think I can retire in another year. I cannot wait. I have so many quilts to finish, and start. As I read your blog when you were retiring, I was mentally retiring along with you.