I couldn't let the first day of the new year go by without posting something on my blog - even if I have nothing quilty to report. Kim at Pieces of Old has heard that whatever you do on the first day of the year is what you'll spend the rest of the year doing. She washed and ironed a lot of fabric - I could live with that! I did laundry, put away Christmas things and puttered a bit - certainly not how I want to live 2007! I did - and still am - spending quite a bit of time reading email and blogs - and I know I'll be doing a lot of that in 2007!
I didn't get to sew at all today - and probably won't now because I want to catch up on all the blogs. Everyone has certainly been "chatty" at the start of this year - a very good thing in my mind! I love reading about what everyone accomplished last year and what they want to do this next year. I keep finding new blogs to read - my bloglines list is now up to 176! And I want to keep commenting, because to me that's half the fun. I'm so glad I can read blogs on my breaks at work - otherwise I'd have no time to quilt.
Tomorrow I'll be up early and heading to the sewing room where I'll spend most of the day. I do have to run to the bakery to get a cake - Tangled Threads is at my house tomorrow and we will be celebrating Liz's birthday. She turned 60 today!
1. Quilty friends near and far - I list that often but I'm so grateful for each and every one of you!
2. A bare house devoid of decorations - ready for the cleaners tomorrow.
3. The cleaners who come every other week - the best present I've ever given myself!
4. A big pot of turkey frame soup
5. Carolan's in tiny liquor glasses to sip slowly, savoring every drop