Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So much going on quilt-wise

No buy challenges . . . sew an hour a day challenge . . . finish a UFO challenge . . Judy's "Sew for an Hour" project . . . use up scraps challenge . . . Tonya's "Take a Leap" challenge . . . organize your scraps challenge . . . So much going on to choose from. What's a quilter to do? Are any of the rest of you like me - you want to do it all? And always think that somehow there must be a way? We start new things even though we are working on things we love that we want to finish, because if we just try hard enough we'll be able to do everything we want to do.

At some point, however, the idyll fades and reality takes over. There just is not time for it all. So I've made the difficult decision that I'm not going to participate - even though I really wanted to do Judy's quilt and take Tonya's leap. There is already way to much "food on my plate" quilty wise, so I'm going to remain focused on getting it done. Besides, we're almost half way through the pre-1830's medallion class and I've yet to start mine. That must happen soon. I have an appliqué border to stitch for our guild's contribution to the Northwest Medical Teams quilt auction in November, and I'm also committed to quilting that quilt. I want to start my Warm Hearts quilt as soon as the fabric gets here and I get it pretreated. It's due to arrive on Friday, but I won't get to fondle it until Sunday as we'll be out of town. In the meantime I'm having a wonderful time seeing the Judy and Tonya projects that the rest of you are doing. I'll miss seeing your progress for the next four days.

We are headed to Mt. Rainier tomorrow for four days of camping - I can hardly wait. Our weather is supposed to be perfect. I should have some wonderful northwest mountain pictures to post when I get back sometime Sunday afternoon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. I'll bet you come home with you It's A Wonderful Life almost done...I'll be interested to hear what you have to report about the size of the appliques for the border since that was a question on PrimFolk. I think wanting to do it all is a trait that all of us have...now if we could just find somewhere to get more time :0)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time -- and remember -- it'll all still be there when you get back! vbg

Anonymous said...

You took the words right out of my mouth... I chose not to do both quilt's either, although they both seem wonderful!

Have a great trip!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Patti, you are so right about how we think we can start as many projects as we want because "somehow" we will manage to get it all done. Have fun camping and can't wait to see photos of such a gorgeous area.

Anonymous said...

Patti, Like you I've chosen to just do my own thing - it's all too overwhelming for me. I've got my fingers in too many regular quilting pots and too many new quilting pots. LOL

Enjoy Mt Rainier - Always a Strawberry Sundae to me!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wise shoice to pass up some of the current offerings... you're plate sounds kinda full already :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Patti, I understand. I've got too many quilts already in progress to participate in any of the challenges going on out there. Don't stress out, just have fun working on your own projects and keeping us up to date!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you...not "joining up" with all the fun quilty stuff going on. Just too much going on in my life for me to even think I could get something quilty done. I am so so so enjoying the yakking everyone is doing about the challenges each one has taken on...that alone is giving me enjoyment.

Anonymous said...

I think my "eyes were bigger than my plate too"! I am going to just be a spectator in the hour a day quilt right now. Maybe I will be able to participate in the next one. For now, I am going to finish my nine patch path and get to work on my quilt show challenge.

Anonymous said...

oh, guilty as charged! but, I am going to still have a go at these challenges...it just may take me much longer than the rest of the bunch-which is fine with me. If I am having fun, that is all that counts..meanwhile, I am reading and not quilting! bad girl LOL.

Anonymous said...

Feeling the same way lately. I like the way you keep your list on your blog and cross things off as they're done. I'm trying to be very focused here at home and still enjoy time with my kids before the summer comes to an end. Have a great time camping. Kathy

Anonymous said...

It IS fun to see what everyone else is starting... but I am chugging away on my current WIP's (so you have some company in that department!). For me, it is always so much FUN to finish one thing rather than to start 3 new things - although the temptation is always there!

Cheers!

Evelyn