Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Missing everyone already

I plan to get up early enough tomorrow to read blog postings before I leave. I know I'll really miss all of you while we are gone. In the meantime I'll leave you a couple pictures of where we are going to be.

The first picture is the Tatoosh range and Mt. Adams in the distance. This is taken from the wildflower walk at Paradise on the south slope of Mt. Rainier. The second picture is Mt. Rainier from the beginning of the wildflower walk. The third picture is Mt. Rainier and a waterfall on the Skyline trail.

We are going about 3 weeks later than usual this year, and with the very hot summer we've had we have probably missed most of the wildflowers. I'm looking forward to hiking, even though I'm in really lousy shape.

See you all on Sunday!

************

Gratitudes:

1. Five days off work!

2. Our little home away from home

3. Sunny blue skies and mountain peaks

4. Trail mix and camping cookies

5. Handwork to take with me

************

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I am so envious...what a gorgeous place to go play in! have lots of fun and relaxation...and see ya when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Have fun, fun, fun and relax, relax, relax!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Have a wonderful time...ENJOY every minute...look forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time...the pictures are gorgeous!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Holy cow what beautiful shots :) I cant wait to see some pics when you get back. I've never been anywhere before :) xoxo melzie

Anonymous said...

Patti, what a gorgeous spot to return to! I can see why you long to go back again and again. The cooler temperatures are most welcome after the heat you have had this summer, I am sure!

Catch you when you get back then.

Anonymous said...

Please don't tell me you took these pictures yourself?? It looks like Julie Andrews is going to pop out of there singing The Sound of Music!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful place to take a vacation. I hope the weather is nice to you and you get the relaxation and fun you deserve!

Anonymous said...

Oh those pictures are beautiful, no wonder you love it so much! Have a wonderful time and we will miss you!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!

Hope you have wonderful weather for your vacation!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos -- What a gorgeous place you were able to visit. I'm sure you saw lots of colors in nature that could be inspirations for future quilts.

elizabeth
http://elizabeth-themerryrose.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What beautiful country. Hope you have a relaxing trip -- come back filled with happy memories and refreshed.