Monday, April 24, 2006

Weirdness

I really enjoy reading the "meme" posts so I thought I'd play along with the latest as was suggested by a couple people. I tend to think of myself as quite normal, in a very weird sort of way!

1. I don't watch TV shows. I really don't. Except for one thing. Baseball! I used to think baseball was boring but for the past 11 years I've been a true fanatic. My family thinks I'm hysterically funny because I talk out loud (and sometimes shout) to the players. The only thing that saves my fingers from being chewed to the bone during an exciting, close game is doing handwork while I watch. I do watch DVD's however - the same favorites over and over again.

2. For an extra special treat I like to stir chocolate chips into malt-o-meal or cream of wheat. Then I add a little brown sugar and half-and-half. I started doing this when I was pregnant and craving chocolate. Those were the days when I was thin and could eat whatever I want. I hardly ever have chocolate chips in the house now - too dangerous for my expanding waistline.

3. I talk to myself out loud when I shop for groceries - taking inventory of the contents of the cupboards and refrigerator and what I need to get. I get some very strange looks from people!

4. I set the alarm for 5:00 a.m. and spend an hour on the computer before I get ready for work every morning.

5. I always put a sock on my right foot and then the left, then put my shoe on the right foot before the left foot. I can't start with my left foot - it just doesn't feel right. I remember my mom did the same thing. She reacted in horror when she saw me put on my left shoe first - at least that's how my childish brain perceived it. She said it was bad luck to do that. I thought she was kidding - she was an astute, intelligent woman. I laughed and said I didn't care. Moving forward many to my adult middle years - one morning it suddenly occurred to me that I was doing exactly the same thing - without even realizing it!

6. My idea of the perfect vacation is staying home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness I thought my brothers, sisters and I were the only ones who put chocolate chips in their malt-to-meal or cream of wheat. What a hoot to read this on your blog. We didn't do the brown sugar or half-and-half but sure did love those chips. Thanks for sharing that, such a big smile crossed my face when I read that.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You're back! :o) YAH!!! I've missed you.

Anonymous said...

So the motherboard works? That cream o wheat thing is wierd, BTW. & can I send my hubby to watch B-ball with you - you guys could compete in the arm chair coach category!