Friday, April 28, 2006

Catching up






I've been doing serious rebonding with my computer. At the same time I've been troubleshooting my longarm. Guess it's just my turn these days. As I was going to bed last night I realized I'd not done a catch-up post to show you what I accomplished while I was off line.

The top two pictures are the 15+ year old New Jersey Triangle Mystery quilt. No longer a UFT - yay! Not something I'd ever make now. But I must admit I like it. I'm going to quilt it simply in an allover design, and will use it at Christmas draped across the bench in the entry way. The triangle part of the name is evident, but I wonder why the designer called it "New Jersey Triangle"?

The next quilt is my Autumn Tangled Threads friendship quilt. I've belonged to the small Tangled Threads quilting group for about 18 years now. One of the members found this wonderful fabric that looked like a bunch of tangled threads in fall colors. We all loved it, and decided to do friendship blocks using the fabric. The seventh member of the group, Peggy, is fighting ovarian cancer. The rest of us made 7 blocks each, and surprised Peggy with a full set last fall. The three tops that were done so far we in a "two rows of three" arrangement so I was determined to figure out something different. This went through several different arrangements on my design wall before I decide on this one. I really like how it turned out. My block is the pumpkin in the bottom left corner.

The next picture shows the three March blocks for the 2006 Jan Patek mystery quilt. I love these blocks - they were easy to make and the pattern is striking.

Blogger doesn't seem to want to add any more pictures to this post, so I'll do a second one for the rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew all that time was not going to waste-nice work! an inspiration to those of us that spend too much time on the computer for sure.

Anonymous said...

Patti, I love the quilting you did with the King Tut variegated thread--so gorgeous!!! I remember when you got your longarm (we were on the same Yahoo group when you first got it--either PrimFolkApplique or PatSloan) and you have REALLY mastered it. Way to go! Vera in KC

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! You are back on line! Oh, but look at all that you got done while the rest of us were interneting - gosh I have to go back to the timer for internet time. Looks wonderful. I like your friendship quilt - I have used similar setting blocks (not so small) for some swapped block (my blocks weren't as intricate as yours!).

Cheers!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

I love your setting for the 6 tangled threads blocks! Very good idea!!!!