Monday, April 10, 2006

More pictures


I tried to be VERY good when I wrote the last posting. I purposely showed quilts that are about as far as one can get from the type of quilts I make and love. In this post I will show pictures of Patti-type quilts.

I love nine patches. I never get tired of making them or seeing them. Every one is different. I thought this was a different way of setting them to make larger four patch blocks. Almost looks like a variation of "Puss in the Corner" or "Burgoyne Surrounded". I really liked the border on this one also - more nine patch blocks set on point in between two rows of sawteeth.


These could be barns or houses. I think the maker called them barns. A flannel quilt in warm brown and gold plaids with red accents - some of my favorite colors!






I think this is a Country Threads pattern. I really love their stuff! I'm pretty sure I have this pattern somewhere in my files.



I love strippy quilts, if for no other reason than the fact that most quilters don't usually set blocks this way. This is a wonderful collection of plaid scraps. I love the appliquéd vines twisting around the stripe used for the alternate strips.

This angel quilt was done by the same person that did the Morning Glory quilt. I didn't think there was anyone else in our guild that did primitive quilts besides my friends Liz and Kathi and me. These are the first primitive quilts that have hung in our show since the last time we entered one or two. I'm almost positive this is a Jan Patek design, but the quilter has made some changes to make it her own.

This tree quilt was done by my good friend Peggy who lives in Black Butte, Oregon. This was a block of the month that she got from a quilt shop in central Oregon. I don't know whether it was from Jean Wells' shop in Sisters - it doesn't really look like something they would do. In case you aren't familiar with that shop - it's the one that's done the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show for 30 years now.


I'll call it quits for today. More quilt show photos coming later this week.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, these were the quilts I expected you to post photos of :-)
As we both said, all types of quilts were in your show-all wonderfully done.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Patti - I'm totally jealous! I love those quilts! Especially the barn quilt and the 9-patch one. I do love the border! And your right, the vines around the stripe is very cool, wish I could see it closer! But blogger or something is acting really stupid on me today. You don't happen to know if those barns were a pattern? Could you email me just the picture - I could dummy up a pattern from that!

Anonymous said...

Every single one of those really pull at my heartstrings! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Patti thanks for the quilt show!!! The nine patch quilt is to die for! I also like the string quilt. Looking forward to more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Lots more ideas to stuff my head with, eh? Thanks for the show! I especially like the trees/leaves!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the inspiration. I especially like the 9-patch quilt :-) 9-patches are like potatoes, can be used for everything.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quilt show! I also love nine patches and they're really about all I ever make.

Judy L.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time at the show. Its fun to see the wide range of styles...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt pictures. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Patti,
Gorgeous quilts!!! Thanks for the awesome eye candy!!
Hugs
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos. I'm adding a couple to my personal want to make some day photo album.

Anonymous said...

I love that 9 patch quilt. 9 patches have so many setting options - you just need to be inspired :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OOOH I like the "Patti" quilts. I too love 9-patches. That strippy plaid - I think I have enough scraps for that one.... (I better finish piecing one before planning another! Apparently my biggest problem!)