Friday, January 12, 2007
The last four blocks of Sophie's Stars are completed. I bet you weren't expecting this green! My daughter-in-law wanted me to fit green in somewhere, so I replaced the orchid in the pattern with the green. This fabric matched the paint chip she gave me as closely as possible I think - it's almost a perfect match. The green will also be used in the first border as well as the binding for the quilt. I really like how it looks - like a patch of spring violets.
This is the first chance I've had to use these Quilt Block Layout Tags that I found at our PINS retreat at Anna Lena's in Long Beach WA in fall of '05. The minute I saw them I figure they were a great aid for those of us with Quilter's Dyslexia. I made sure I put the label in the upper left hand corner of each block. These SHOULD prevent me from making any mistakes when I sew the blocks and rows together - time will tell!
1. A nice evening with our kids tonight
2. Met my today's goal for Sophie's quilt
3. A three day weekend ahead of me
4. An "all better" back which will be able to handle quilting a quilt or two this weekend
5. A warm house and quilts on the bed as it's now 17.8 degrees outside and sure to go much colder