Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Two more Christmas quilts

Here are two more Christmas quilts. The first hangs on a quilt rack in our dining room. It's a Country Threads pattern from the book "Country Threads Quilt Shop" by That Patchwork Place.

The second is made from lots and lots of leftover Christmas fabrics from the seven years I made things to sell at bazaars. I love it but never thought I'd get it finished. It takes a huge number of 3" nine patches to make a quilt! Since I also have a nice red and green plaid Christmas tablecloth I'm going to try putting the quilt on the back of the couch this year.

Someday I hope to actually have a Christmas quilt for our bed!


************
Gratitudes:

1. Clear winter skies
2. Fat free cranberry orange muffins
3. Fall decorations are stored away for another year
4. Tree decorating with our kids
5. Artificial greenery and trees that look real - and don't affect my severe allergy to evergreens.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those teeny nine-patches are great!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

what a lovely table cloth -- I can't imagine the number of nine-patches you must have done!

Anonymous said...

Love the "chain" quilt.... Simple, yet effective.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful, Patti ! Especially the Christmas fabrics one : gorgeous ! Thanks for showing !

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE.

Anonymous said...

Both are quite lovely Patti!! That is alot of tiny 9 patches!! But well worth the effort!

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilts, Patti. I use a quilt on the table as a tablecloth, too...works so well and you never have to worry about drips on the table. Easy to wash and dry, what's not to like! Haven't tried making 3" 9-patches, though. Yours is just wonderful...another one to add to the list!

Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas chain quilt-One day I'll make a Christmas quilt, too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE 9-patch quilts, and red-green & white is stunning! I save scraps down to 1-1/2 inch sqs, so when I feel like it, I piece those little 9-patch blocks. I have 2 quilts in the works with them. WISP's! Your Santa quilt is great also!

Anonymous said...

The double 9-patch is one of my absolute favourites - it looks fantastic in red, white and green! Simple and striking :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts. A couple of years ago I was making 3" nine patches and was even involved in a swap but have never collected enough to make a quilt - love your double nine patch.

Anonymous said...

Double nine patch is just wonderful...I love nine patches...simple and wonderful. Fat free cranberry orange muffins...yum!

Anonymous said...

A lot of tiny 9 patches, for sure, but those tiny pieces become spectacular quilts.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great quilts. I don't know that I would have the patience for that number of nine patches.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, love that Country Threads Christmas quilt and I think I spot a few tealies that now reside at my house!!! And the Nine Patch on your table is just stunning!