Saturday, December 2, 2006

Switching to the Beta version of Blogger

Well, I guess I'm in the same boat as Jeanne. Blogger won't let me switch to Beta. Jeanne, I'm guessing you don't know why Blogger won't let you switch - I know I don't. All I can figure out is that maybe my blog is too large. It doesn't have anywere close to the couple thousand posts and comments that the "help screen" talks about, but it certainly has lots and lots of pictures which take up a lot of space. I've posted 224 times, but I know many of you have left comments which apparently adds to the total.

And here I spent some time copying my entire blog into a Word document just in case something happened to it when I switched. It's something I wanted to do anyway, so it wasn't a waste of time, but very frustrating nevertheless.

I can't quilt today - I'm very late putting away the fall decorations and that must be done. The tubs have been sitting in the living room for a week. I want to get Christmas out of the attic - if you know what I mean!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger did not allow me first to swith to beta, but I tryed several times, and so they accepted me. So just keep trying.

Anonymous said...

It's odd that some people have no trouble at all and others a lot of problems. I haven't dared to try it yet. I also want to save all my posts. Can you copy directly to disk or do you have to copy to word first? I never thought of doing it that way.

Anonymous said...

i have recently changed over to Beta and had no problems at all. At the time i didn't even think to save all my posts but luckily i didn't lose them.

Anonymous said...

so blogger continues to offer its intermittent, unaccountable problems... so sorry for you as I know how frustrating it can be.

Anonymous said...

Why copy it to Word? You can save the whole web page, month by month, even burn them on a CD. I do it on 3 different blogs.

Anonymous said...

I also copied my blog to Word before switching to the Beta version of Blogger. I thought I would send it to the printer for printing. I think a hard copy would be nice to keep. I am busy editing my word version to make maximum use of space before sending to the printer. .......every page counts--especially with all the colour pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting, despite having a Google account.