Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Christmas Eve

The turkey is stuffed and in the oven. The green salad is made. The twice baked potatoes and baked, mashed and stuffed and ready for the oven when the turkey comes out. The table is set and the wine is chilling. The pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies are ready and waiting (thank you Larson's bakery!) All that's left is to make gravy, steam the baby carrots and top them with butter and dill and steam the broccoli. I think I'm ready - at least the food part is ready! And for once I planned a meal that won't require me to be in the kitchen for the last half hour or more before it is served.

I'm happy to report that son-in-law Rick is on the mend and feeling more human today. He's still very tired and washed out so won't be here today. I'll send a plate of dinner home for him - he doesn't eat turkey anyway - and we'll see him tomorrow. Not for a long as they'd usually stay, but at least for a couple hours.

I've sent each of you who read my blog a holiday card - click on the link below to view it. (I sure hope this works!)


Patti - the Hardenbrook quilter - has sent you a Jacquie Lawson electronic greeting card.

Please click on the following link to see your card. If your e-mail program has not displayed this as a link, then please copy the following into the Address or Location bar of your Internet browser.


Happy Holidays everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family, Patti. And thank you for this so cute card !

Anonymous said...

And a very Merry christmas to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Patti. The card was lovely, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family, full of joy and serenity!!!Hugs :)))

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card Patti! Merry Christmas to all your family too!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! I wish you a merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year

Inga