Thursday, July 25, 2013

Applique . . . . and a new "family member"

Most of my quilting the past couple weeks has been applique.  Here are the projects at the "show" stage.
"Where Liberty Dwells" - still needs embroidered words and borders

"Jack at the Gate" - still needs borders and stars appliqued
"Summer in a Basket" center block
 
"Summer in a Basket" four corners blocks

I've also started hand quilting another top, but it isn't close to being ready for "show".

And last but not least, I'd like to introduce the newest member of my quilting family -


my Pfaff Passport 2.0.  As soon as I heard about this new machine I decided I needed one, so started saving right away.  I brought her home last week.  She sews like a dream!  I will still piece on Miss Feather (my featherweight) but now I have a machine that will do a beautiful blanket stitch for machine applique.  My workhorse Pfaff is over 20 years old, and its blanket stitch isn't very pretty.  It also lives upstairs where it is currently very hot, which is why I have six quilts waiting for binding.  This beauty is currently sitting on our dining room table where it is much cooler.  With a walking foot downstairs the quilts should get bound this coming week.  It is very lightweight - much lighter than my other Pfaff - so will be much easier to carry to classes.  All the feet and accessories for the other machine fit on this one too, so I don't need to purchase any duplicates. 

If you haven't tried this machine, and are in the market for a new one,  I highly recommend you try this.  You will be glad you did.  (Oh boy - that really sounds like a commercial LOL!  Not affiliated in any way, just a happy, loyal Pfaff customer.)

3 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

I had not seen this sweet little Pfaff before. I am a big fan of Pfaff. Congratulations on the adoption of your new family member.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love pfaff's! I have 2 about 10 years old! I need to email you! Congrats on the new baby!

Raewyn said...

Your applique projects look great and are growing nicely :-) You sound very happy with your new machine - amazing what a difference it can make to have more flexibility in what your machine can do. I have never sewn on a Pfaff, we don't tend to have so much choice where I live so I went with what was local, easier for servicing and so on.