Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A week of Joseph and handwork

It's been a Joseph week so far. Cousin Katelin and Aunt Debbi are sick with the flu so he can't go to his other grandma's. Joseph time is always so much fun - he is such a happy, lively little guy who also entertains himself very well.

This is also a handwork week. I've been concentrating on hand quilting. I've finished two of the Spring Trio wall hangings - now they just need binding. I hope to finish the third one at Tangled Threads tonight. Since I have no bits left of the fat quarter I used for the border I had to find something else. Would you believe almost every blue I have is either way too dark or has a gray cast? I finally found this VERY old Jinny Beyer by RJR. I think I'll cut the binding strips lengthwise so I can control the placement of the lighter shades. I hope to be report this project finished by the end of this week. All those pillows I made last month didn't count for the Stashbuster UFO challenge as they included no quilting. My name has now crept much too close to the top of the Queen's list for my comfort!

************
Gratitudes:
1. Eating breakfast with a handsome young man in lime green and overalls
2. Several days of beautiful fall sunshine
3. The end of UFO's is in sight!

9 comments:

Tazzie said...

Ohhh my Patti, look at that dear sweet little face - Joseph is just adorable!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Sweet P said...

What a wonderful photo of Joseph. He does look like a happy young man. You certainly can't complain having Joseph time. Your wall hangings are cute. I love the old Jinny Beyer fabric you found for the projects.

sewprimitive karen said...

How cute is that, what a darling!! There's just nothing like a little boy that age !

McIrish Annie said...

What a cutie! I've just read about your stash reduction thoughts and also saw that great photo of "mini you"~~ here is my thought.

Since you are buying fewer food goodies, it only makes sense that you would buy more quilty goodies! A girl has to have some goodies every now and then!

Your weight loss is inspiring. Keep up the good work!

swooze said...

What an adorable little boy! Looks like fun to me!

Tanya said...

Oh! He's a cutie! Love those overalls and the lime green!

Lily Boot said...

oh my gosh Patti! Look at his gorgeous hair! He's grown so much :-)

Tine said...

Joseph looks absolutely adorable :)
And he looks very very happy!
Your wall-hangings are beautiful, I like the soft colors very much.

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable. Don't those smiles make your heart melt.