Saturday, November 15, 2008

Monday's shopping trip

OK - here is my first stash report. We'll see how this goes . . . .

28 yards added to my stash. This is the fabric I bought last Monday at my favorite quilt shop Momma Made It. I just couldn't pass it up as these are perfect for backgrounds, borders, sashings, backings, etc. All were on sale for at least 50% to 75% off. How could I resist. The average price of these? $3.75 per yard Can't beat that! Even though I had these fabrics when I wrote my stash busting post, they weren't washed or ironed - I don't include them in the stash until they are actually on the shelves. Hopefully I can get that done in the next day or two.

1/3 yard subtracted from my stash - I finally had a chance to finish Lily Abigail's quilt. Bad Grandma - she is now 7 weeks old! She is being dedicated at church tomorrow, so I figured that was a great time to give her the quilt. I loved how it turned out - and I love crossing another project off my list. Finn - this makes five finished toward my end-of-the-year goal! I hope her parents like it as much as I do - and that she likes it too once she is old enough to care.

11 comments:

Libby said...

Lily's quilt is just darling . . . . it will make a perfect gift for her dedication *s*

Donna said...

I couldn't be any cuter, I love it.

swooze said...

Very cute! Great stash additions.

Sheila said...

That is probably the cutest child's quilt I've seen in a long, long time!

Kristie said...

I just love that quilt!!! Very lovely! I'm sure it will be loved by all.
Kristie

Tine said...

She will love it I am sure! It is such a cute quilt ;)

Lise in Norway said...

I just love your teddy bear quilt. It is awsome

sewkalico said...

It is so gorgeous! I am very certain she will love it!

Chocolate Cat said...

There is no way Lily Abigail could not love this quilt. It is just beautiful.
I tried adding to my stash at lunchtime, I have a particular project on a tight timeline to finish and needed some fabric, could I get any - NO!!! Nothing at all so back to the drawing board tonight!

Idaho Quilter said...

A sweet quilt for a sweet darling grandchild. And nice timing. NEver pass up a bargin like that.

elsie123 said...

Cute! Everyone will love it!