Monday, November 24, 2008

A change in direction

I was going to prep the first block for Celebration of American Life after I finished posting last night. I spread out the background squares that I cut several years ago - right after the book came out - and realized I just didn't like them anymore. In fact, I didn't like the entire color scheme I was going to use any more. All the background fabrics were old fabrics - one a blue stripe from the 1980's! It was similar to the twill Barb Adams used in her quilt in the book - the quilt I really liked when the book came out. I didn't realize my tastes have changed so much. I'll still make the quilt - eventually - just not the way I originally planned. The nice thing is I can make a great quilt back by sewing together the 12 background squares I cut out.

So - I should do the smart thing and have only 3 BOM's going at once. But in for a penny, in for a pound - I'll just start working on the Civil War sampler from my current Eileen Trestain class. I've really been wanting to start this quilt, and the applique will be easy and quick.

1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

Oh that Civil War quilt is wonderful! I am glad you will be working on this.