Monday, November 24, 2008

Civil War quilt

Tonight I prepped four appliqué blocks for the civil war quilt. All the blocks in this quilt are very funky - very childlike folk art drawings. We couldn't even tell what some of the designs in the blocks are supposed to represent. This is the first antique quilt Eileen showed us in the first class of the series, and we all went nuts over it. We must have spent at least 10-15 minutes examining all the blocks.
Believe it or not these are all supposed to be oak leaves. If I do four blocks each month it's going to take a couple years to get them all finished, but that's OK. No reason to rush - I want to enjoy the process.

10 comments:

antique quilter said...

now this quilt is just awesome!!!! Very fun, hard to believe each is suppose to be an oak leaf :)
oh I think that is a great plan of yours!
Kathie

scraphappy said...

I've never seen this quilt before, it is something to think about if I ever finish my Dear Jane....

Kristie said...

I love that quilt! I've never seen that before! Don't rush, I always say that quilting is my love not my job!!! So I don't rush through any of them, maybe that is why I have so many UFO's!!! :)
Kristie

Juliann in WA said...

This is a wonderful project. I bet you will really enjoy these blocks.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quilt, the sort of quilt I would love to make. I would really enjoy that class with quilts like that to look at and work from.
- Tracy

Nicole said...

This quilt looks like a life long project!! It will be an heirloom for sure.

Rhonda said...

I like that quilt and certainly, there is nothing wrong with taking your time. I like to look at each block a good month before making the next....LOL....Take care and have a great Thanksgiving.

Emily Gail said...

The quilt is so cool!!!! Is it in a book? where do I find it? I love doing more than one quilt at a time... Emily Gail

Julie said...

I love this too. So interesting. Where do we find the pattern? You simply MUST share.

Carole said...

That's going to be one sweet looking quilt! Enjoy the process!