Thursday, February 14, 2008

Two more finishes

Today I put the last stitch in the second camping quilt for Jeremy and Chelsea. I really wanted to get these done so I could deliver them both on Saturday. We are heading down for the celebration of Sophie's first birthday - which really is today. It seems impossible that she is already a year old!

I must admit that I'm really getting tired of the Crumb Chaos quilts. Three of the large ones are now done, with four more to go. I think I have enough flannel for one more back - probably for the smallest remaining quilt. I will be so happy to see the last of these! It does feel good crossing them off my sidebar list however.

I'm putting up pictures of both of them so you can see how similar they look. Funny - since every block is different. These are both quilted with the bear, moose and evergreen tree just like Rick's and Rebecca's. That's what they requested, and it's certainly appropriate for a camping quilt. I'm a bit tired of that pantograph too - the others will definitely have something different on them!

8 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

A few crumbs go a long way! I can only do them for a short time then get itching to do "real" blocks. Your quilts look wonderful! I have a box of blocks to square up and maybe have enough for one quilt...

antique quilter said...

I love these quilts ...I just may have to break down and start making these blocks...ok, I admit they are a bit out of my comfort zone!
Kathie

dutchcomfort said...

The quilts look so cheerful! You have made so many Crumb Chaos blocks... Congratulations on Sophie’s birthday!

The Calico Cat said...

I hav eto admit that i admire you perseverance with these crumb quilts. (I have too many "matchy-matchy" or "I have this pile of yardage" quilts to start/work on/finish before jumping off the deep end of string/crumb/mile-o-minute quilts/orphan quilts. So I'll just watch from the sidelines. :o)

Silverthimble said...

I love the crumb chaos quilts! Just the idea that whole bed size quilts are coming from a pile of scraps that many throw away amazes me! Great recycling! Happy Birthday to Sophie!

swooze said...

Neat quilts. I love seeing them all!

Tonya Ricucci said...

they are both wonderful - I love the hints of turquoise in the second one. I know what you mean about getting sick of a certain kind of block after awhile. I sooo never wanted to do another letter block after making a bed quilt with them.

TiempoSoria said...

Love your blog and all of the pictures of your quilts