Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Stash Report

This week I used stash on my Crumb Chaos quilts borders - a total of 7.5 yards. I also used another yard for the backing and binding of Happy Jack.

No new fabric entered the house this week.

Let's see if I can make a fairly accurate estimate on my stash depletion progress so far this year.

In: 15 yards border fabrics for crumb, string, and postage stamp quilts
1 1/2 yards reproduction double pinks
14 3/4 yards reproduction fat quarters

Out: 1/2 yard for bindings on Christmas table runners
7 yards for backings and bindings for Spare Parts and Leftovers
24 yards flannel for Crumb Chaos quilt backings
1/2 yard for Crumb Chaos Camping Quilt binding
7 1/2 yards for Crumb Chaos quilt borders
1 yard for Happy Jack backing, binding and sleeve

2008 so far - 31.25 yards in and 40.5 yards out for a net decrease of 9 yards. Better than I thought I was doing - those reproduction prints are always my downfall!

4 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Sounds like you are getting a lot of sewing in. Lots of bindings! And bindings means FINISHES!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am very impressed with a 9 yard reduction...and that you have used 40 yards!! That's alot of sewing!!
Didn't the camping one turn out especially well, I really like that.
The civil war themed ones are cute, tracey

Kristie said...

You should be very proud!!! A reduction is always nice! My problem is I just keep buying it anyway!
Kristie

Sara said...

Thanks for your several photos of your "leftovers" quilts aas well as the Crumb Chaos quilts. You have inspired me to start work on my pile of scraps making what I have always called "confetti" blocks.

Maybe I will even slap some orphan blocks together. Why not? Mostly I send my quilts to the Lakotah reservation for kids, and I'm sure thay would find them interesting to study!
Sara