The first thing I did was make several dozen tiny 3" nine patches from reproduction prints and Kona Bone. I'm exchanging blocks with my online friend Kathie and I needed to make both July's and August's blocks. This occupied me most of Friday. Friday evening I continued big stitching Somebody's Home.
Saturday saw me finishing up the nine patches. When Fred returned from golf and reminded me that the Olympics were on I headed upstairs to Gandalf's room to load a quilt while I watched. Much to my surprise I not only got the quilt loaded, but I also got it quilted. Yesterday I made the binding and label and finished the quilt. It's a red and white Burgoyne Surrounded, lap size. I pieced this in 1992 as part of my demo during a beginning class I was teaching on strip piecing. The backing is pieced from two novelty prints - I have NO idea why I thought I needed to purchase so much of each of these fabrics! They are both bright prints on black - one is balloons and the other is giraffes. For some reason they look very washed out in this picture. It sure feels good to get this OLD ufo finished!
I loaded a second quilt onto the machine ready to quilt during the next Olympic broadcast. When it got too hot upstairs I came down to my sewing room and prepared the backs for six more quilts! I was really on a roll! I've decided I just want to get these finished, so I'm going to settle for doing pantographs on all of them. Besides, I need some practice doing pantographs.
Today I quilted the second quilt and made and attached the binding. This evening I'll do the hand stitching. When it's finished I'll post a picture of it also.
After my Joseph day tomorrow I'm back to focusing on UFO's I hope to have five more quilts finished by this time next week!