Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm still at it . . .

Today I stitched labels and bindings on the other two quilts I showed in the picture a couple days ago. I also finished quilting two additional quilts. I hope to bind those two tomorrow.

The first quilt is Carolina Crossroads. It just barely qualifies as a UFO, as it was started last December. This is the first quilt of Bonnie's that I've done - I just love it!

This "Stepping Stones" quilt is a happy accident. I pieced these scrappy blocks to use as alternate blocks with churn dash blocks I received in a swap. When I finished them I put them up on the design wall with the churn dashes, and these blocks just took over. The entire thing was so busy that the churn dashes just faded into the background. So I made the alternate blocks all over again - not scrappy this time (that quilt is one of the quilts I quilted today). I cut plain alternate squares for these blocks and this is the result. I really love this quilt!

I've also decided that I'm madly in love with this pantograph, "Chestnut Swirls". I used it for the first time on the long cabin quilt I showed yesterday, on this Stepping Stones quilt, and one of the quilts I quilted today. It is most definitely my new favorite pantograph!

*************
Gratitudes:
1. Our hot weather has gone - at least for this week
2. A safe trip to the beach for Joseph and his parents
3. A caring husband who may not understand my love for quilting, but accepts it unconditionally
4. No more pain in my knees!

17 comments:

chumly said...

Hot chocolate, a quilt to cover me while sitting in front of a fireplace on a cold winter day. I like that.

Ulbins said...

Not only does he "accept" your quilting passion; I do believe he holds up the quilts for your pictures (unless those are your hairy legs peeking underneath)!

Darlene said...

Beautiful quilts, Patti. I love your 'happy accident' :-)

A hubby like yours and mine is a blessing!

:-)

Carol said...

Patti we are truly lucky girls to have the hubby's we have...you are really cranking...great job. I am nuts about your "accident" quilt...that Stepping Stones quilt is just great...the panto is perfect...really gives those angles in the quilt great movement. Keep rollin!

Lily Mulholland said...

You are on fire Patti! Your happy accident is very happy indeed :)

erica e said...

the stepping stones quilt is wonderful! i love it. and that is a really cool pantograph.

Suzanne Earley said...

you have been so busy, your finished quilts are all so wonderful! good work!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful quilt! I clicked on it to enlarge it, and the "Chestnut Swirls" pantograph is perfect for it! What a very nice, "Happy Accident"!
Pauline

sewkalico said...

Wow you are on an incredible roll with all your flimsies. I am impressed and you must be pleased! Fantastic!!

dot said...

Both are lovely but it was a bit warm to be so energetic.

Jeanne said...

You are on a roll! Congrats on the CC and Stepping Stones quilts being done. I really love how the SS quilt turned out. It's nice when you take a U-turn in your plan and end up with a better outcome. Keep stitching!

Teresa said...

Both are great quilts! I want to make one of those stepping stones quilts someday - yours is very nice.

Tazeen said...

it may sound strange but the pattern in the top picture is a traditionally done quilt pattern in our part of the world :)

Sharon said...

I love your Stepping Stones quilt. A wonderful happy accident. I have this pattern on my "someday" list. And that panto is great for a straight-line patterned block. The curvy/curly lines really complement it. You've gotten so much accomplished the last week, you put the rest of us to shame! Good for you!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love your stepping stones quilt! I need to check out chesnut swirls.

Tanya said...

That chance Stepping Stones quilt is so lovely and the colors so calming. Is that a lovely gift when a quilt makes itself on its own and turns out so charming!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my - I am only 1 1/2 months late in responding to this lovely post with TWO wonderful quilts. They are BOTH just beautiful. I'll take either one if you run out of room!nkvdrhjt