Several of you asked for a picture of the curtains I made for Joseph's room. Rick and Rebecca wanted simple curtains shirred on a rod with no header. Because of the print I was required to piece these horizontally rather than vertically, which was a bit of a challenge. I bought a bunch of extra fabric because of this. I think I did a good job - one has to look VERY closely for the seam. Unfortunately I made these from memory rather than checking one of my books so I didn't allow a very deep hem. Other than that I think they turned out well, and I have lots of fabric left to make Joseph a "big boy" twin bed quilt with the leftovers.
I have crossed two unfinished tops off my sidebar list - hooray! Both of these are from the early 1990's, which makes me even happier to have them finish. Neither will take long to quilt but must wait until my customer quilt is finished.
Grandmothers Choice, or Fancy Nine Patch, was supposed to have an inner appliqued scalloped border (you can see the picture in this post.) I really liked the look but decided I didn't want to spend that much time finishing this little quilt. So I went for a simple white inner border - from a different white-on-white print as I'd used up the other - and a wider red border. I bought one yard of the red last week at the beach, but added little of it to my stash.
As you can see I used the lighter green for the sashing on Pinwheel Daisy. Thank you to all of you who told me your preferences. It was so much fun reading the comments - and interesting to find the opinions divided almost evenly between all the choices! I chose this green because I thought it was the most authentic reproduction. I dug out another solid for the setting stones. I auditioned many reproduction fabrics for the outside border and thought this one looked the best with the colors of the sashing and setting stones. This used almost all the print. When I took the pictures I realized that these three choices have given the quilt top a much lighter pastel look than the blocks had themselves. (You can see the blocks by themselves in this post.) Not necessarily want I wanted, but what I got. When I showed it to Fred he commented, "Looks like an Easter quilt." I guess he is right - it's full of pastels found in Easter candy, dyed eggs, and other decorations. So that's what it will become - an Easter table topper.
I am gradually catching up on all my blog reading - some of you may find comments on very old posts LOL! This time I'm determined to keep up with everyone. I've really enjoyed seeing what everyone has been up to!