1. My current hand quilting project - a Double Irish Chain from my teaching days of 1991-92
2. My current hand appliqué project - the mid-century Album Quilt
3. UFO - Heirloom Stitches - I need to piece and attach the inner sawtooth border and prep the outside appliqué borders
4. Scrap project - hourglass blocks
5. Current long term project - Civil War Diaries blocks
6. UFO - pre-1830's medallion - last two borders to do
7. New quilt history project - 1880-1910 random sampler - need to prewash some fabrics for this one
I was going to take my Rosewood Cottage BOM UFO as all it needed was one more large block and the borders. However, when I started prepping it yesterday I suddenly realized how little time it would take to finish it. So I worked on it yesterday and finished it today. It felt great to move it from the list of unfinished tops to the list of flimsies to quilt, bind and label. I thought this was a really old project - at least ten years old - but my UFO spreadsheet says it was started in 2002. I'm pretty sure that's wrong - unless that's when I started working on it. I know I had the monthly kits for 3-4 years before I started it. I love how it turned out!
I thought I had all day tomorrow as well as half of Friday for prep time, but Jeremy called about an hour ago and asked me if I'd like to come down and baby sit Sophie for a few hours tomorrow. They have a funeral to attend. Of course I said yes - I jumped at the chance! There's nothing better than time with a grand child that one doesn't have to share with anyone else!
So, I guess I'd better get those fabrics prewashed tonight!
1. A nice glass of wine with dinner
2. Leftover Easter ham
3. 15% class discounts at the quilt shop!