Monday, March 3, 2008

Beach retreat

Our Tangled Threads group picked a great weekend for a beach retreat as far as the weather was concerned. Fog greeted us when we arrived on Thursday. We could tell from the sounds and smells that the ocean was right in front of the house, but all we could see was fog. Friday morning was cloudy but the fog was gone. I left for Vancouver after breakfast, driving through heavy showers, but the afternoon cleared up nicely for those still at the beach. Other than a thunder storm late Friday night the weather was beautiful the rest of the weekend. Lots of time for walking on the beach and around town.

We are guessing that the house was built in the 1960's. It would have been very modern for that time but is very dated today. The location made up for that, however. It had a great view as it is only about 100 feet from the beach. Only a couple blocks walk for morning coffee, and one block farther to get to the quilt shop. Good restaurants in walking distance too, and only a few blocks to downtown and all the shops.

I got very few pictures - once again because my camera kept acting up - hopefully the others will send me some good ones. I tried for a group picture, but it looks like we are standing in the middle of dense fog - you can hardly tell we are there! You might enjoy going to the website for the house and seeing the 360 degree pictures of both the beach views and the funky kitchen and great room. Here is the link.

I did have a great time - in spite of the fact that I did the almost two hour drive four times in four days. I arrived back at the beach about 8:30 on Saturday morning which gave me most of that day with my friends. All in all a great time was had by everyone!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Beautiful photos! Sounds like such a nice place to be! I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time!
Kristie

Becky said...

Sounds like a great retreat - just getting away from the regular routine. Thanks for sharing!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful location for your retreat!