Friday, September 26, 2008

We interrupt this program . . .

Well, my plans for today and the weekend are out the window. We received a surprise call from our son yesterday - Chelsea's water broke about 9:00 a.m. and they were at the hospital waiting for real labor to start. This is early - Lily wasn't due until October 15th - but since it's past 37 weeks she is still considered full term. Guess she'll get here before her quilt is done! Labor started in earnest sometime during the night, and just about now they expect her to be able to start pushing. I just put Joseph down for a nap - we'll head right to the hospital as soon as he wakes up and has lunch. I guess Miss Lily isn't going to be an October baby after all!

Your prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby would be appreciated. I'll post another report - hopefully with pictures - as soon as I can.

9 comments:

Paula said...

I'll be praying.

swooze said...

Oooh granny. Keeping everyone in my thoughts!

Lady Beekeeper said...

I'm so excited for you!! Let us know how things turn out.

Libby said...

Keeping you in our thoughts *S*

Mama Spark said...

You got it grandma! You are on the prayer list!!

Raedene said...

Exciting times! Am praying now.

Julie said...

Praying for them now. How exciting for you!

Gail said...

How wonderful and exciting, prayers, of course.

Tanya said...

Lord, be with Patti's family and especially be with Chelsea for an easy time with this baby. Thank you for your miracles of birth and life. Please bless this family with love and joy and good health. In Jesus name...