Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's about time!

Our new granddaughter, Lily Abigail, is due on October 15th. About time I started her quilt, don't you think? Chelsea and Jeremy chose a design from an old That Patchwork Place book I've had for years and years. There isn't a copyright date on the book - how odd! - but I think it's from the early 1990's. I've always loved the quilts in this book; I'm thrilled to finally be making one of them. They chose this very cute teddy bear. A couple minor changes were requested - nothing major.

This is made of log cabin blocks - both traditional and courthouse steps blocks. The unfinished 4" blocks are made from tiny 1" strips, and are not paper pieced! I've pulled lots of golden browns, dark browns, and tans from my stash and have started cutting strips. It's a good think I like making tiny blocks!

10 comments:

Carol said...

Cute, cute quilt...oh it will be perfect for the new baby.

Sweet P said...

Ooooo . . . that will be an adorable quilt.

Dorothy said...

What a wonderful quilt for a new baby. Can't wait to see it.

Julie said...

It will be so worth it when you are done. Very pretty.

Teresa said...

I think I have that book, but have never made anything out of it either. Can't wait to see your progress on the quilt.

Linda said...

Nice! Can't wait to see your quilt!

Tine said...

What a cute pattern! Looking forward to seeing more of you work on this :-)

The Calico Cat said...

O.K. now I feel fairly bad for not knowing the gender or the "name" for either gender...

But I love those log cabin patterns. (Good thing I just did a log cabin quilt - got that out of my system!)

Libby said...

What a darling quilt for the new little one *s*
You are so right . . . those little blocks are a whole lot of fun!

Betty J in OKC said...

Your quilt will be TOO cute! I met Crystal Carter, the designer, in person when she spoke to my guild eons ago. Since then she's passed and her books are now COLLECTOR'S ITEMS!!!!!!!