Saturday, September 6, 2008

I like it!

Most of the household tasks were finished without too much trouble. I rolled the first antique quilt onto the dining room table and realized I needed an empty cutting table in order to cut muslin for sleeves. So what was I to do? No choice but to put the borders onto the teddy so I could clear off the table.

The resulting border is wider than called for because I have a 5" stencil of oak leaves and acorns that I want to use on the border. I really love how it turned out! I have traced all the appliqué shapes onto Heat 'n Bond Light - I use the "donut method" so the appliqués are soft instead of stiff. Tomorrow I'll choose fabrics and get all the bonding done. I'll hand stitch the blanket stitches around the appliqué and the rest of the embroidered details as the week progresses - perfect handwork for nap time and watching baseball!

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I love it! The borders are just perfect.

Tanya said...

Oh, your bear is so wonderful! I hadn't visited in a couple of days and I am so amazed at the speed in which you've done this! And it is so wonderful! I can hardly wait for the next installment! This is such a dear little quilt. I wonder if I have enough browns to do something like this...And I know with your applique this is going to turn out to be exquisite!

Jeanne said...

Oh, I love it! The borders are perfect. Can't wait to see the finished bear.

Vickie said...

Patti, you like it I looooove it that is another superb item you have made ,
cheers Vickie

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I think the borders are perfect and what great thinking to pick out your quilting stencil BEFORE cutting the width of the fabric. Great job!
Cheers!
Evelyn

Becky said...

Patti,
I love it too! I can't imagine a child who wouldn't love this quilt. Your border choices make the quilt "zing." Great job!

Libby said...

Oh what a sweet little quilt - just perfect for the new baby *s*

The Calico Cat said...

NICE!