Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trying to remember how

Hmmm . . . what is this mysterious object laying on my big board? It looks familiar - maybe something I've seen my husband wearing recently? Something from our back-to-school shopping trip?

He said it needed ironing. Ironing? What's that? Oh yes - a vague memory is gradually surfacing in my mind. I used to do that years and years ago. I can't remember the last time I did this. Seems like years ago it fit on the ironing board much better. Back in the days when my ironing board was much smaller.

I seem to remember that he used to iron his own shirts - the couple he had that actually needed it. I guess I can't complain - he really looks good in this shirt and it's the only one in his closet that needs ironing. Good thing I wasn't there when he bought this - if I'd read the label stating "washable linen" I would have told him not to buy it.

OK - I think I might remember how to do this!

7 comments:

swooze said...

I am getting ready to iron fabric for new projects. I sort of know how you feel! I have been ironing bindings so it should come back quickly!

Julie said...

I can only iron large, flat pieces of fabric! Those shirts and pants are just too "roundy"

Sweet P said...

I never iron DH's shirts. Of course his dress shirts are dry cleaned and pressed. If a shirt gets wrinkled in his suitcase he will iron it himself. I know, I'm lucky!

ardisjo said...

If you iron linen (and applique) you have to have Niagara Easy Iron. It is NOT starch but it removes wrinkles like magic.

Ardis

Lynda said...

We have a large basket which the ironing gets put in (my husband wears a suit and a clean shirt for work every day, then changes into something more comfortable at night). There is always a lot of ironing, and there are things lurking in the bottom of the basket which haven't seen the light of day for years! have to go now, I have sonme quilt blocks to press!

Beth said...

I would love to see your spread sheet! I am single and have a hard time making healthy food for myself without having to eat it for a week. Any suggestions would help.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The problem with ironing clothes now - is that they pick up all the little bits and pieces of thread that might be on your ironing board!!! I USED to iron my DH's shirts - this year I put them all away and got him jersey shirts instead - more time to sew! That pile of tropical shirts just may end up in a quilt yet...
Cheers!
Evelyn